• 2018: Shadows Within, Red Earth Gallery
• 2018: Transient Nature, Centre for Adult Education
• 2018: Bodyscapes, Journal Café
• 2018: Untitled Observations, Centre of
• 2019: International Contemporary Art Exhibition, Art
Gallery Le Logge, Assisi, Italy
• 2018: In Light, Centre for Contemporary Photography
• 2018: People: A Window to the Soul, The Gallery at
• 2016: Fresh16, Yarra Sculpture Gallery
• 2016: RAW presents: Verve, Melbourne Pavilion
• 2016: Salon, Centre for Contemporary Photography
• 2019: Arte Studio Ginestrelle, Assisi, Italy.
• 2019: Palazzo Stabile, Castelletto Molina, Italy.
• 2019 Australasia's Emerging Photographer of the Year: Art category - top 10
• 2019 Australia's Emerging Photographer of the Year: B/W category - high commendation
• 2018 Australian Photography Awards: student category - honourable mention
• 2017 Australia's Top Emerging Photographer: Art category - commended
• 2016 Australian Institute of Professional Photography. VPPY: portrait category - silver
• 2016 Australian Institute of Professional Photography. Illustrative category - silver
• 2016 Australian Photography Awards: student category - 6th place
• Bachelor of Photography - Photography Studies College
• Bachelor of Arts - University of Canberra
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment - Box Hill Institute
• Certificate III in Micro Business Operations - North Melbourne
Institute of TAFE
"I just suddenly got speechless."
"Overall the handling is beautiful."
"The sense of scale in this image is incredible."
"This hit me in the guts."
- Australian Institute of Professional
Photography judges' comments
George is a Melbourne-based fine art photographer who works predominantly in self-portraiture. His work varies greatly, from the dark and brooding to the humorous and absurd. Outside of his art practice, George teaches photography, digital processing, and filmmaking at Photography Studies College, and the Centre for Adult Education.